1913 to 1946
1946 to 1961
1961 to 1996
1993 to Present
In 1993, the fourth generation of Andrews continued the operation of Andrew Agencies Ltd. when Bob’s sons Todd (deceased), Scott and Blair purchased the business. Jacy Whyte partnered into the business in 1997, followed in 2000 by Brock Andrew (Bob’s son). In 2007, Clint Smith and Robert Eslinger became partners.
Here are some of the changes that have taken place under the current Management Team and Ownership Group:
- 1993 – Purchased Andrew Agencies Ltd. (AALTD) (Virden, Miniota, Oak Lake and Elkhorn office locations in Manitoba)
- 1994 – AALTD purchased an insurance brokerage operation in McAuley.
- 1995 – AALTD purchased insurance brokerage operation in Moosomin, SK. which included offices in Rocanville and Maryfield, SK.
- 1997 – The AALTD ownership group became a partner in Custom Software Solutions Inc. (CSSI).
- 2000 – RFNOW Inc. Data and Voice Communications was founded. The partners in Andrew Agencies Ltd required an efficient effective and reliable broadband solution to network the rural office locations of their Brokerage operation.
- 2001 – AALTD purchased insurance brokerage operation in Carlyle, SK.
- 2006 – AALTD purchased brokerage operation in Ste. Rose Du Lac, MB.
- 2008 – AALTD purchased brokerage operation in Russell, MB and St. Lazare, MB.
- 2010 – AALTD purchased brokerage operation in Weyburn, SK.
- 2011 – AALTD purchased brokerage operations in Lampman, SK and Whitewood, SK.
- 2012 – AALTD purchased brokerage operation in Redvers, SK.
- 2013 – AALTD purchased brokerage operations in Manitoba, including Boissevain, Oak Lake, Reston, Hamiota, and Brandon.
- 2017 – AALTD purchased brokerage operations in Airdrie, AB and Winnipeg, MB at Garden City Shopping Centre, Seasons of Tuxedo, and St. James.
- 2018 – AALTD purchased brokerage operation in Wawota, SK.
- 2020 – AALTD purchased brokerage operation in Saskatoon, SK.
- Andrew Agencies Ltd. operates 20 locations in southwestern Manitoba, southeastern Saskatchewan, and Airdrie, Alberta, employing 125+ staff.
- CSSI – Head Office located in Virden, MB with Regional Sales Offices in Edmonton and Toronto, employs 125+ staff. Services Insurance Broker and Carrier customers from coast to coast in Canada.
- RFNOW Inc. – Head Office in Virden, MB, employs 40+ staff. Currently has 2,000 Internet subscribers in southwestern Manitoba and southeastern Saskatchewan.
Andrew Agencies Ltd. continues to grow and credits the success and longevity to the generations of loyal clients and a dedicated and loyal staff.